Most people seem to think that being single is a bad thing. Most of the time, us single peeps tend to focus more on the negative side of our single season. I’m so lonely…I have no one to talk to…. I’m all by myself…this is stupid….what’s wrong with me… blah… blah.. blah… I am emphasizing that blah blah blah just so you know. But do you just ever stop and appreciate being single? No? Well me either.. It wasn’t until a few days ago that I started to really appreciate singleness for what I is. Now I’m like, Oh how do I love thee.. let me count the ways.
– I can be as messy as I want to and no one is around to complain about me leaving my water flavor packets on the counter.
– I can throw my clothes all over my room and drive my own self crazy because I don’t put them away like I should.
– I can sing horribly on the top of my lungs and there is no one there to look at me weird.
– I can pull out that stupid spiky hair that likes to pop up on my chin and no one is around to see me all magnified in my mirror.
– I can pop my black heads in peace
– I can burp as loud as I want to.
– I can walk around my house without my eyebrows on. (Long story about the eyebrows, I’m not going to get into that right now.)
– I can wear the same t-shirt a few days in a row and stay in denial that putting on the same t shirt helps keep my laundry piles down.
– I have the entire bed to myself and can sleep in whatever direction I want to on it.
– No one is around to hear the songs I make up about my pets.
– No one is around to hear me talk to myself when I know I’m being stupid and need to give myself a come to Jesus talk.
– This one is my favorite.. I have a rib eye currently getting to room temperature on my counter while I write this. I don’t have to share it with anybody.
That last one alone is worth it because I love a good steak. I have a lot more reasons I love being single and could go on for days but I won’t. I am the most random person ever, I can go from crying snot bubbles to song and dance in less than 1.5 seconds. I never know who I’m going to be five minutes from now. There is a running joke I like to tell people when they meet me and it’s that I have 25 different personalities and some of them I haven’t even met yet. Well today I met a new one. The one that was very excited she didn’t have to share her steak with anybody.
The Lord threw me around the other day and ever since that encounter, I feel like he released me. He said go forth my child and do your thing. I’ve been posting on Instagram and making Tiktoks all weekend. I love to entertain people because I’m very good at it, but sometimes I can be a lot and people don’t know how to take me. I am definitely one of those people that you will either love or go, “umm..is she ok?” I own it out right! I get on my own nerves so trust me I get it. I decided I’m not going to hold back anymore. What do I have to lose by being a crazy single cat loving Jesus freak? That’s right.. nothing.
This season the Lord has me in right now is going to be fun and I’m going to embrace every moment of it. I’m not saying I won’t have those times where I’m going to throw myself a huge pity party and be mad I’m not invited to it. Two nights ago I sat on my kitchen floor crying because I was SOOOOO tired… I’m tired God. I poked my lip out and everything. Here’s the thing though.. where is that going to get me? It will send me straight to the refrigerator and straight to my bed to cry watching The Notebook. No body has time for that. I’d rather have fun random dancing in my living room a lone than being stuck with someone that won’t get off their phone long enough to join me.
I’d rather eat steak by myself than cook for someone that will just take a picture of it to post on Facebook but won’t even have a conversation with me after he tells the world how happy I make him. (true story) I am in a season of I… don’t…..care… I don’t care if you are here, there or everywhere. I am right here! I’m right here letting the Lord use me to minister to people who think everything sucks and no one is here to help me get through it. Jesus is there to help you get through it. What’s that mean? How does Jesus help you get through it? He gives you people like me that will distract you from yourself. You want to really make the enemy mad? Go pick up your Bible and read it. Even if it’s just one sentence or one word. Go read how a prostitute that was used by who knows how many men and God still used her to proclaim his name.
Go read how it worked out for all the people who thought they were perfect and then read about the ones that weren’t perfect. Look at the people God used in HIS word… I feel like I just went off on a tangent there. My apologies… I could keep going for days because I have a lot of opinions but I just never hand them out. I’m thinking it’s time to clear out the old feelings so I can make room for new ones.
It’s going to be okay, Yes I know it sucks right now but learn to enjoy it. Look at the bright side. What will you lose by trying to be positive? Nothing.. God told me I was going to grow this year and it’s only January 15th of 2023. I’m only 15 days into the year and he’s already moving in my walk. I feel like a completely different person than I did 15 days ago. I’m having fun and I’m living life. I make plans with my friends and I’m making new ones. Women in fact! I’m not looking for men I’m looking for women so I can tell them about Jesus. So I can share my testimony with them and let them know they are not alone. I can help them not fall victim once again to their flesh.
I have stories for days and I plan on sharing most of them with you!
I love your face.